The HCMC International Construction Arbitration Conference 2023 (HICAC 2023) was jointly organized by the Vietnam Construction Legal Association (SCLVN) and the Faculty of International Law at Ho Chi Minh City University of Law at the Le Méridien Hotel on April 17, 2023. The conference was supported by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the Vietnam International Arbitration Center (VIAC).
The workshop was divided into 10 sessions covering important topics of construction arbitration, such as:
- The role of experts in construction disputes
- How to work effectively with expert witnesses
- Technology to assist construction arbitration
- The application of BIM and laser scanning and other digital technologies to prevent some construction disputes
- Litigation strategy in construction arbitration
- Time and cost control in construction arbitration proceedings
- Lawyers, quantity surveyors, engineers, investment advisors, academics, and arbitrators came together to share knowledge and experience in resolving construction disputes under international arbitration.
The workshop was well-organized and ran within the allotted time frame. It was evaluated as a high-quality international forum that helped legal experts, arbitrators, project managers, and others in the construction industry to build networks with local and regional experts. It also contributed to improving the professional level and experience of the business community in the construction industry in Vietnam, helping them to apply the necessary skills when conducting an international arbitration case effectively. VinaQS was very pleased to have the opportunity to participate in the program and share their insights.
Source: Hội Pháp luật Xây dựng Việt Nam, 17/04/2023.